- What does it mean to share in Jesus’ sufferings? Why do we gladly suffer?
- What is glory? How is it linked to suffering?
Groaning and Glory #1: Creation
- What is wrong with the universe?
- What does creation long for? Why?
- Why is it that creation groans?
- How does the state of creation speak to the human experience without God?
- What is it that brings meaning and purpose to both creation and people?
Groaning and Glory #2: Christians
- What do Christians recognise about the world that non-Christians can’t?
- Why is it that Christians groan?
- What keeps us going even though we endure and suffer?
- Explain the concept of eager patience.
Groaning and Glory #3: God!
- Why does the Spirit groan?
- How does the Spirit intercede for us?
- What is the will of God?
- What 5 vital reminders does 8:28 give to us this side of eternity?
- How is God’s love described in 8:29?
- What has gone chosen us for (29)
- Explore how God’s sovereignty and human responsibility are related.
- Theological argument aside: why does Paul write 26-30.
Bringing it home
- What have I learnt about God?
- What have I learnt about myself/my world?
- What difference will this make in my life?